Trying to be healthier but sick of sacrificing all those foods you love? While we don’t have the key to making all our favorites healthier yet, we have come up with an amazingly delicious healthier option for pizza! A typical 6″ personal cheese pizza is about 590 calories and 25 grams of fat, making it a no go on my journey to be healthier. This 7″ personal pizza, however, fits the bill without sacrifice, with 379 calories and 10 grams of fat each, it’s a satisfying lunch that is done in under 17 minutes from start to finish. It’s packed with flavor, has a crispy crust and gooey cheese, and it’s extremely versatile. The majority of the ingredients can be stored in the freezer, making it the perfect meal to have ready to go whenever the craving strikes.
While this recipe is for Chicken Pesto Pizza , we also love using the base ingredients to make BBQ Chicken Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, and Pepperoni Pizza. For all the chicken pizza varieties, we love using rotisserie chicken! We simply buy a whole chicken, then shred it and put it in little plastic baggies in 1.5 ounce portions. Then when we want a quick meal we simply just have to pull it and use it! So so simple!
- 1 Greek pita flat bread Papa Pita Brand
- cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 28 g fat free mozzarella shredded
- 1 mushroom thinly sliced
- 10 g red onion thinly sliced
- 1½ oz chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 5 g Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put 1 pita flatbread on cooking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and half of the crushed red pepper on the bread.
- Evenly spread pesto on pita. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pesto and top with onions, mushrooms, and chicken.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crispy. Top with remaining crushed red pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!