To me the hardest part of trying to be healthy is finding food that fits within your eating style without feeling like you are sacrificing. I love pizza and but it’s such a high calorie/ high fat food I normally try to stay away from it. A typical 6″ personal pepperoni pizza is about 700 calories and 28 grams of fat, making it a no go on my journey to be healthier. This 7″ personal pizza, however, fits into a healthier lifestyle without sacrifice, with 323 calories and 8 grams of fat each, it’s a satisfying lunch that is done in under 15 minutes from start to finish. It’s packed with flavor, has a crispy crust and gooey cheese, and it’s extremely versatile. The majority of the ingredients can be stored in the freezer, making it the perfect meal to have ready to go whenever the craving strikes.
While this recipe is for pepperoni pizza, we also love using the base ingredients to make BBQ Chicken Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, and Chicken Pesto Pizza. You can substitute turkey pepperoni for regular pepperoni, saving an additional 35 calories per pizza if you want.
- 1 Greek pita flat bread Papa Pita Brand
- 4 slices tomato
- 28 g fat free mozzarella shredded
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put 1 pita flatbread on cooking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and half of the crushed red pepper on the bread.
- Put 4 slices on a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture. Place evenly on the bread. Spread cheese evenly over tomatoes and top with pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crispy. Top with remaining crushed red pepper. Enjoy!