It’s no secret that a biscotti is on the top of my favorite cookie list. Unlike traditional biscotti, these are softer and packed with flavors of apricot and white chocolate, with a crunch from the toasted almonds! It’s also easier because we use a cake pan to shape the cookies for uniform baking, instead of spending ample amounts of time shaping it by hand on a baking sheet. This produces a uniform cookie that bakes evenly instead of having crispy edges.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped small
- 1 cup almonds slivers, toasted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9" x 9" cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (stand mixer works best) cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla extract and eggs. Once well incorporated, add flour mixture. Once all the ingredients are well mixed and form a dough, add apricots, almonds, and white chocolate chips.
- Press dough baking pan until it's spread into an even layer. Bake for 35 minutes, then let cool for 3 hours. Slice into individual cookies and spread out on a large baking sheet. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes at 325°F. Let cool and enjoy!