Looking for an easy but absolutely delicious banana bread recipe? This recipe makes banana bread that is full of flavor but still light and moist on the inside. This recipe can be used to make banana bread loaves, muffins, or mini muffins.
Banana Bread – Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
Banana Bread – Wet Ingredients
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix all banana bread dry ingredients (except walnuts). In another bowl, mix all banana bread wet ingredients together.
- Slowly mix wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredient mixture until well combined. Add walnuts in mixture.
- Add batter to muffin tins until 3/4 full as the batter will rise while it is cooking. I find that a cookie scoop works well for this since the batter is on the thick and sticky side.
- In a different bowl mix all topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. You will know when the muffins are done when you can insert a toothpick in the center of one and it will come out clean. Enjoy!
- For a banana bread loaf, add batter into a lightly greased loaf pan and cook for 45-50 minutes at 375°F. This recipe will make 1 loaf.
- For a banana bread mini muffins, add batter into a lightly greased mini muffin pan or add muffin liners and cook for 12-14 minutes at 375°F. This recipe will make 24 mini muffins.
- All purpose flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour. I think the whole wheat flour adds a heartier flavor that compliments the banana but this recipe is still delicious without it.