Have you ever wondered what to do with that random box of cake mix in the back of your pantry or have you ever had a cookie craving in the middle of the night but didn’t want to go through the effort of making cookies from scratch? We have all been there! This red velvet cake mix cookie recipe is so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t make them before, but honestly this recipe works with any cake mix, so be creative with what you have laying around the pantry and see what kind of amazing cookies you can make! Just substitute the white chocolate with any kind of mix ins you want, maybe coconut, almonds, walnuts, dried fruit? The possibilities are endless!
This is also a great recipe for last minute office desserts, bake sales, teaching the kiddos the basics of baking without a whole lot of mess or measuring, or simply a sweet treat! From start to finish, this recipe takes less than 20 minutes! What’s even better than that? It only uses 4 ingredients!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix 15.25 oz box
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup white chocolate bar finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet and place at least 1½ inches apart. I like using a small cookie scoop for speed and uniform size. Do not press down the cookies, they will spread as they bake. Bake just until the cookies are set in the middle, about 11-13 minutes.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container so ensure they stay soft. Enjoy!