Who can resist a delicious, juicy hamburger during cookout season? These hamburger patties hold their moisture with the dehydrated onions in the patties, locking in the juices that would normally run off during cooking. A slight hint of heat from the crushed red pepper and cayenne gives it just the right amount of flavor to compliment any topping you choose.
- 2 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1 1/2 tbsp dehydrated onion
- 2 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbs granulated garlic
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight for full flavor of seasonings to incorporate into the meat (optional).
- Portion into 4 ounce patties. Cook on grill or in grill pan, and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
While this onion hamburger patty is great as is, we highly recommend trying it with our Cajun seasoning sprinkled on the patty right before grilling. Top with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese and an over easy egg for a delicious and filling cheeseburger that everyone will be raving about!