I absolutely love salad. I know some people may think it’s boring, but it is one of my favorite go to foods for lunch. This recipe tops the list of all time favorites with the combinations of both flavors and textures. You get the crunchy kale, soft avocados, salty pumpkin seeds, and tangy dressing that all come together in a delicious and filling meal!
This salad recipe was initially created by using up leftovers in my refrigerator and was tweaked into this final product. That being said, it is easy to modify to accommodate your specific tastes or to use up any leftovers that you may have hanging around. While this salad is bold enough to serve as the main dish, but is flexible enough to be a side dish. I would just remove the chicken if it is serving as a side dish. Enjoy!
- 3 cup kale
- 4 oz chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 bell pepper yellow, orange, or red
- ¼ cup red onion
- ⅓ cup radish about 4-5 medium radishes
- 1½ cup English cucumber about 1 large cucumber
- ½ lg avocado diced small, about ⅓ cup
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds shelled variety
- 5 tbsp white balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large bowl that has a lid, chop kale into bite size pieces. Add shredded chicken (this is perfect for leftover rotisserie chicken) and avocado, set aside.
- Using a mandoline, slice bell peppers, red onion, radish, and cucumber and add to bowl (you can sliced thinly if you don't have a mandoline). Add parmesan cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds, white balsamic vinaigrette, salt and pepper to taste. Put lid on bowl and shake well to combine. Serve and enjoy!