Bread is a great side to have with most meals, especially dinners. Think about it, what’s better than a nice crusty hunk of bread with soups or stews? Or to mop up extra sauces and dressings from your pasta dish or salad? The problem with bread is it’s so high in carbs and calories, I try to stay away from it and stick with healthier options. Therefore when I do consume bread, I want it to be completely worth it. Hence, this amazing recipe.
I call it a recipe but honestly it’s almost as easy as putting bread in a toaster. So easy in fact I had to have a little chat with my fiance to see if it made sense to use it as a recipe on this site because it comes together in less than 5 minutes. But you know what, we absolutely love it and look forward to it whenever I make it so we wanted to share it with you (honestly, you will crave this at ever supper)!
This recipe is also great for sandwiches for an extra kick of flavor. When I have burger buns or sub rolls, this is my go to way to toast the bread. I have used this for grilled sausage sandwiches, burgers, turkey burgers, chicken sandwiches. It works on everything so feel free to experiment with spices and uses. We especially love it with our Roasted Garlic Herb butter! Super easy way to impress dinner guests and they never have to know how simple it was to make!
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat grill to 350°F-400°F.
- Slice loaf of bread lengthwise. Brush inside of loaf with oil and sprinkle spices evenly over surface. I usually don't measure this step, I just sprinkle the spices evenly and move on. You can adjust per your specific tastes.
- Put bread on the grill until it crisps up and gets nice grill lines, about 60 seconds on each side, depending on grill temperature.
- Cut into individual portions and serve! Enjoy!