Our Espresso Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Recipe is a fun spin on the classic chocolate chip cookie and just as easy to make. What makes these so good? We replace half the amount of chocolate chips with espresso chips, replaced the remaining chocolate chips with a dark chocolate baking bar, and sprinkle in toasted hazelnuts, giving you an amazing adult version of the classic. Sound good? We thought so! Perfect for curing any sweet tooth or changing it up for a bake sale.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate baking bar chopped finely
- ½ cup espresso chips
- 1 cup hazelnuts toasted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place chopped hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast about 9-11 minutes, until the hazelnuts start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Increase oven temperature to 350°F and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together. Once smooth, beat in eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powered, and salt together. Mix dry ingredients into wet until well combined. Add hazelnuts, chocolate, and espresso chips.
- Drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet (I like using a small ice cream scoop for uniform cookies) and bake about 12-14 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie have browned. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!