There is something so nice about the smell of zucchini bread baking in the oven. The warm cinnamon mixed with a hint of nutmeg will create such an inviting atmosphere in any home! This recipe produces a moist bread laced with delicious cinnamon chips and walnuts, finished with a crunchy streusel topping. This recipe can easily be made into muffins for a quick on the go treat and can be frozen without compromising flavor or texture. It’s also great if you have a garden as it’s a great way to help get through an over abundance of produce.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup zucchini grated (do not dry or drain excess liquid)
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray loaf pan with baking nonstick spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients together except for the grated zucchini, walnuts and cinnamon chips in a large bowl.
- Add half the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix in. Do not over mix, just enough to incorporate all the ingredients. Mix in zucchini, walnuts and cinnamon chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and prepare topping.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add melted butter until you get a crumbly topping. Evenly add topping to zucchini bread, then bake for 45-55 minutes or until you can insert a cake tester (or toothpick) and it comes out clean. Let cool, then enjoy!
Love all kinds of zucchini bread? Us too! Check out our Walnut Zucchini Bread recipe that has an irresistible streusel topping that will have you coming back for seconds and thirds!