We love this spicy Cajun chicken sandwich! We use our homemade Cajun seasoning which has a little more kick that your traditional store bought seasonings without mounds of salt. We use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe due to their tenderness and high flavor, but you can substitute chicken breast if that is what you have on hand. The end result to this recipe is a flavorful and spicy sandwich with chicken that is crispy around the edges and juicy on the inside. The spicy of the sandwich is balanced with tangy sour cream, making it a meal everyone can love!
- 5 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Cleaned
- 1 Bun
- 2 tsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 pieces lettuce
- Spray grill with non stick spay and preheat to medium high heat.
- Sprinkle cajun seasoning equally over the chicken thigh, both sides. Work it in so it sticks to the chicken.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165°F when done, or when the juices run clear.
- During last minute of cooking, add buns to the grill to toast.
- Remove buns and chicken from grill. Add sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion to sandwich and enjoy!
Looking for an easy side to make this a no fuss meal? Try our spicy grilled asparagus, spicy grilled potato, or our spicy grilled corn! The cook time for these is only a few minutes more, making them a set and forget side once prepped. If you are looking for something that can be done ahead of time or maybe need a break from the spiciness, a nice side salad would go well with this meal.